host_history.pl 0.0.1 released

Discussion in 'Host History' started by Ian.H, Jun 19, 2004.

1. franky500

franky500 New Member

No need to change anything then. so long as like you say, the latest entry will always be on the right edge thats fantastic and as time is progressing i can see how the graph draws :).

Fantastic stuff!.

Im obviously going to be using this quite a lot to display on my control panel and on a web page. So i would like to link back somewhere to you. What should i link back to? DSRC? this thread? or something completely different :).

I tried hacking away at -Ed-'s version of this a couple of years back, and im glad to finally have something (im not a hugh coder, especially when it comes to graphing!).

Thanks again Ian,

Regards,
    Dean

2. Ian.H

Ian.H Administrator Staff Member

Yuip, it will look right after 24 hours, but I just sent over another mail to you with another updated version that will draw the graph as expected (was a real easy change :) ). If you run it, it should automagically just update the graph.. all the current log data etc will remain.

Can I send you a link to link it back to in a few days please Dean? Best place will be my clue-by-4.org site.. but will have to manually add the data for the script etc to the database as I haven't redone the admin backend yet since the makeover a couple of weeks ago. Trying to move all my coding projects over to that site to keep them all in an easy place to find, download and more importantly, for me to manage, heh :D

Ed's script was coded in C(++) IIRC.. that requires a fair bit more to make changes (code edits, then recompile etc) although sometimes I think C(++) is easier to read than some Perl!

Anyways.. no probs at all.. has been cool to update this script as it just got abandoned after I quit running our team server from home back in 2005 or something.

Feel free to use the script as / how / where you like and I'll get a link over to you sometime in the next couple of days :)

Cheers..

Ian

3. franky500

franky500 New Member

No Worries on the linkage :).

With Ed's it really did get me into starting off on learning some C++ but i never really gave it any time, Ed was able to make some changes for me on that one too which were similar to the chages you have made for me :p. Only difference being with ed's there was still issues drawing the graph correctly (would not draw the correct numbers on the line output... eg a server with 28 people on it would shou 21 or something like that).

Anyhow, Much appreciate your support on this Ian.

/me now ponders "Sleep.. or get back to my site / server moves!"

Although, as i'm sure you are more than aware its not really a choice in the end is it.

Cheers again.

Regards,
    Dean.

4. Ian.H

I think new data has been aded to the host file which has now made the likes of this much easier to code.

Ahh choices choices... those only being which site / server to sort out next :nerd:

Good luck with the moves.. and I'll see if I can get the other changes mentioned in the email (colours etc) sorted for when I upload it to my code site :)

Cheers..

Ian

5. franky500

franky500 New Member

Cool :).

Unfortunately though i have run into a problem now. Have sent you an e-mail explaining.

Cheers ;)

Regards,
    Dean

6. Ian.H

Hi Dean..

Sorry about the issue. Mail sent in reply with what should be a fix :)

Cheers..

Ian