FZ5 - FZ50

Discussion in 'Ian.H' started by Ian.H, Dec 13, 2004.

1. Ian.H

Ian.H Administrator Staff Member

Hi all,

Some of my personal, public and WIP FZ50 skin designs for S2.

Enjoy :)

Regards,

Ian

2. Ian.H

Re: FZ5 - FZ50 [L-Tech]

Hi all,

The little brother of the L-Tech FZ50 GTR designed in British Racing Green :)

Regards,

Ian

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 16, 2005
  3. BOGEY

BOGEY [dSRC] Member

i like the british racing green colour in this :) (+ the purple XR GTR)
    just out of curiosity, how do you make your skins?
    im asking because i wouldnt mind using that skin in S2 but would obviously not want your names/flag on it, so is it built in layers making it easy to have a 'non-personalised' version?
    thanks, i look forward to seeing the whole S2 collection!

4. Ian.H

Hi B..

Yup.. all my skins are done in various layers (on average ~20 or so and various sub layers / groups).. makes my life easier for making mods :)

I might do a public version too but a slight variation which I'll leave the flag off of :)

Regards,

Ian

5. Ian.H

Well, after people asked, I've decided I'll release the above 'L-Tech' design as a public pack when the time's right :)

So... I decided to start on a new PERSONAL skin.. not complete yet (hour's work so far) but only a couple of minor touches to add :)

Regards,

Ian

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 8, 2005
  6. Ian.H

Hi all,

Time to start releasing them I guess... here's my PERSONAL skin for the FZ50 :)

Download to skins_x only.

Regards,

Ian

Attached Files:

7. Ian.H

Hi all..

It's happened again, been persuaded that this skin should go public.. so I've released a public version too.. exactly the same, but with blank number plaques :)

Download available from dS Autos.

Regards,

Ian

8. Ian.H

Hi all,

Just realised I never sorted the resolution and a public release of the L-Tech skin for this car.. so.. here it is, for anyone who wishes to use it :)

Preview & Download:
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Ian

9. Ian.H

[EDIT]

Due to possible issues with this design, I've withdrawn it from the Master Skinnerz Skin Challenge (thanks to Bunta for understanding and permitting this change) and also withdrawn it from dS Autos.

A new design will appear for the Master Skinnzers Skin Challenge though adn it'll be uploaded as a replacement.

Sorry about this :(

Regards,

Ian

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  10. BOGEY

BOGEY [dSRC] Member

I thought you were THE master skinner anyway :D

11. Ian.H

LOL still trying :D

Regards,

Ian

12. Dustin Dawes

Dustin Dawes New Member

Ian: That is pure sexyness. Thats awesome.

13. Ian.H

Thanks gu3st :)

Due to issues with the previous entry though.. I reworked it :)

Preview & link:
    [​IMG]

Regards,

Ian

14. Grivage

Grivage [dSRC] Member

Issues wtf LOL

First one was damn fine this one is even better ;)

15. Ian.H

Thanks dood.. I actually prefer this one too :)

I got accused of skin ripping :(

I used a dood's 3DS render of a 911 from GTR as a reference image to do the skin and assumed it was of a real life livery.. which may not be the case (although the dood ain't even responded, so I dunno :shrug: ) but especially as I was entering it for the MS Skin Challenge, I didn't want that shit, nor do I want the reputation of a skin ripper, especially when I enjoy makin skins meself.. shit happens.. but it's the first and last skin I use from another game as reference for me own.. I'll stick with photos from now on.

Ah well, life goes on :)

Regards,

Ian

16. Grivage

Grivage [dSRC] Member

Argh that sux. Quite ironic considering the number of original skins you have produced that the 1 you happen to put in for the contest turns out to be "dodgy"

Let us know when the voting opens dood ill certainly be putting the cursor next to that 1 for you ;)

17. Ian.H

Ahhh not Master Skinnerz issue.. Bunta even told me he couldn't see a problem.. this is my "hangup".. ya know what I'm like.. I have to reinvent wheels.. the dood who did the skins for GTR mailed me and posted on RSC about it (I openly admitted the mistake on RSC in public as AFAIC, I have nothing to hide.. it was a genuine mistake) but due to this and the way I am and like things to be my own (even if replicas of real designs etc).. I withdrew it from the challenge with Bunta's permission (as only 1 design per person per round is sposed to be submitted) and subsequently removed it from dS Autos too for the same reasons.

I guess it could be seen as an over-reaction as I've never even seen the actual skin file.. the rendered image I used as reference was no more than the ones I do as above.. so wasn't a rip per-se.. but there we go.. I'd sooner continue with my own stuff as I have been and have people appreciate it more than to worry about this crap for a skin :)

As it happens, I reckon this one will be liked by more for the competition as it's not so retro and "boring" (to some) looking :)

Heh.. will let ya know about the doors :cool:

Regards,

Ian

18. [T/R] Ayane

[T/R] Ayane New Member

OMG, that's awesome.

:jawdrop: